Wide Open Spaces

Tags

,

The New York area is wonderful, energetic, full of surprises and opportunity. Still there are times when I miss quiet open spaces. Growing up in rural Washington State (go Walla Walla), I had plenty of that, and of course yearned for the bustle of the big city. This picture was taken in Walla Walla a couple of years ago.

3 Responses to “Wide Open Spaces”

1. Hey Chris – growing up my first nine years in Kansas, this landscape is frighteningly familar! Love the big sky, and what we’d call the wheat stubble they used to burn every spring, in preparation for the new crop. Scary how old memories come back. Love your blog!

2. Thanks Matt. I thought that too at first, but one of the interesting things that happens when you get rid of all of the buildings is that the sky also seems to open up and become more vast. This framing speaks more to that, especially in this context where you kind of have to scroll down past the sky to see the ground (unintentional, just happened to work that way).

3. Really nice shot, Chris. I’d have expected it to be aligned along a horizontal access to emphasize the wideness of the landscape, but it’s very cool to see the emphasis on vertical space instead. Love the colors and detail here. Very nicely done!