One of Those Days

Tags

, , ,

This is an unaltered photo taken at the San Diego Zoo. I was there with my family when we happened to witness what happens if a duck decides to land in the crocodile (alligator?) enclosure. One side of it is glass that goes down to the water’s bottom and that’s how I got this picture. Apparently instead of trying to kill the duck by just biting it the crocodile was content with pulling it down and trying to drown it. The whole thing lasted quite some time. We had to leave before we found out whether the bird made it out alive.

3 Responses to “One of Those Days”

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. […] found the comments to be positive and supportive. Even when people poked a little fun at my only alarming picture it was appropriate and good […]

2. […] Finally there’s this little post from David Shapiro about a cat and a squirrel.  Lars Van Trier once said that ‘Nature is the church of Satan’ through one of his characters…since we’re talking apocalypse.  If you’re ever looking for a photographer who has an eye for the grizzly end of cute animals I know a guy. […]

3. […] Chris Stein hates ducks…  Good shot with camera […]